Soya Noodle Soup
- 340ml Soya Milk
- 2 Chicken Thighs
- 40ml Soy Sauce
- 20ml Mirin
- 3g Dashi
- 1 Spring Onion
- Chilli Oil (to flavour)
- 180g Soba Noodles
- Debone Chicken thigh and dice into bite size pieces (you can remove the skin but I prefer to keep it as it adds flavour).
- Place chicken in zip seal bag with two large spoons of salt. Massage salt into chicken and leave for 2 minutes (after 2mins wash chicken in cold water).
- Thinly slice spring onion.
- Bring 2l of water to the boil in a pan and then add the soba noodles.
- Simmer for 4-5 minutes until noodles are soft.
- Remove noodles from boiling water, wash with cold water and place to one side.
- Add soya milk, miring, and soy sauce to a pan and bring to the boil (stir continuously to avoid burning).
- Once boiling add dashi and simmer.
- Add chicken to pot and simmer for a few minutes until chicken is cooked.
- Add a few drops of chilli oil to taste.
- Add soba noodles to bowl and pour over soup.
- Top with spring onion and serve.