Shiitake Mushroom Soup
- 20g Shiitake Mushroom
- 500ml Chicken/Veg Stock
- 300g Tofu
- 100g Beansprouts
- 5g thinly sliced Ginger
- 1tsp Soy Sauce
- 1tsp Sake (or White Wine)
- 1tbsp Cornflour
- 1tbsp Water
- A little Spring Onion (for topping)
- Slice mushrooms and spring onion.
- 2. Dice the tofu into small cubes.
- Add a small amount of sesame oil to hot pan.
- Add ginger and slightly brown.
- Add bean sprouts and mushrooms and lightly fry.
- Add Stock and bring to boil.
- Add soy sauce and sake, and simmer for a couple of minutes until vegetables are soft.
- Add tofu to the pot.
- Mix 1tbsp of corn flour with 1tbsp of cold water, and add the to the pot. Gently stir.
- Simmer until soup becomes sticky, top with spring onion and serve.